Confraternity Beso de Judas
It was founded in 1880 by Mr. Bartolomé Guillén and a group of enthusiastic men from Jumilla among them Mr. Gumersindo Jiménez. The primitive image was destroyed in 1936, used to be attributed to the Murcian sculptor Mr. Roque López. After a long break the Brotherhood is reorganised in 1966 being its president Mr. Alfonso Jiménez, it was known among people as ‘The Brotherhood of the Building Sector’. In 1966 it is ordered a new image to Mr. Juan González Moreno. In the 90’s the Brotherhood passes to settle in as a section of the Confraternity Beso de Judas.
Canonically erected in the Santiago’s Main Church.
The anderos’ tunic is of maroon wool as the sash and hood, the latter carries embroidered the Confraternity’s symbol.
The standard:an excellent standard of golden and silvered goldsmithing. From both sides of it emerge a pair of Solomon’s columns, which remind us the canopy of Saint Peter’s Basilica. In the centre, framed with vegetal motives, it appears a base with the pontifical emblem: a splendid tiara with the keys joined by a phylactery. Orfebrería Orrico from 1966.
It represents the moment of Saint Peter’s repentance.
It is a work by the maker of religious images Mr. José González Moreno in 1966.
It is of carved wood goldened in thin gold, adorned with vegetal motives. It has four large candelabra for the nighttime illumination. It is a work by the Cartagena’s carver Mr. José Terón in 1966.
Invalid Displayed Gallery