Confraternity Santísimo Cristo de la Sentencia
It was born as a section of the Confraternity Cristo de la Sentencia in 1995, for taking part in the procession of the Holy Burial.
Canonically erected in the Santiago’s Main Church.
Of yellow wool with black sash embroidered with the Confraternity’s shield, a black velvet hood.
The standard: according to the design of the artist Mr José Tévar García from Jumilla, it is embroidered in gold on black velvet, with a central oil of the image of Jesús, made in 1995 in the Talleres de Bellas Artes in Córdoba, under the artistic direction of the school’s headmistress, Mrs Francisca Aguayo.
It represents the moment in which Jesús, once He was taken down from the Cross, is moved to the Sepulchre by His disciples Nicodemo and José de Arimatea. ‘So they took the body of Jesus and bound it in linen wrappings with the spices’, as is the burial custom of the Jews.
It is a work by the religious images carver Manuel Romero Ortega from Torrecampo, province of Córdoba. Among its main works we can stand out the Beato Martín de Berrocha (1958). He goes to work to America, concretely to El Salvador and Santo Domingo, making an Anunciación for the main altar of the cathedral. He also has works in Florida, EEUU.
In 2002 the confraternity premieres a new throne in silvery silversmithing made by the famous silversmith settled in Motril Mr Eleuterio Aragón, from Valladolid. The throne consists of two parts: vents and small baskets, illuminated by four artistic lanterns, passing to be part of the magnificent collection of thrones of our Easter.