PASO El DESCENDIMIENTO DE LA CRUZ

Confraternity El Rollo

Paso Descendimiento Cruz Jumilla

HISTORICAL REVIEW

It was born in May 1951, in the bosom of the Confraternity El Rollo, under the presidence of Mr. Antonio Bleda García and by initiative of Mr. Francisco Martínez Herrero. By agreement of the General Assembly on the 3rd June 1951 it is contracted this new paso.

CANONICAL HEADQUARTERS

San Juan Bautista Church.

Tunic  andero Descendimiento Cruz Jumilla

TUNIC

The anderos wear a red wool tunic with adornments of double black ribbons on the sleeves and on the tunic hems, black wool hood and black silk cord. Golden medal with the confraternity’s symbols.

DISTINGUISHED INSIGNIAS

The standard: it was embroidered in 1952 in golden thread on cardinal red velvet. In the centre, it carries embroideries of the symbols of passion adorned with flowery edgings and small bells.

ICONOGRAPHY

It represents the moment of disengaging Jesús from the Cross and taking Him down to His Mother’s arms. It is formed by five figures. In the highest of the Cross it is Nicodemo, on a stair resting on the cross that, after having disengaged the left arm of Jesús, he lets Him falling in the arms of José de Arimatea. Expecting at the Cross’ feet, they are San Juan and the Virgen María.

AUTHOR

It was carved by the prestigious Murcian sculptor José Planes Peñalver. He makes this paso in 1952, in his studio in Madrid. The statues are restored in 1990 by Ángel Belenchón Fernández from the Studio-Workshop of Conservation and Restoration of Religious Art from the Spanish Episcopal Conference.

THRONE

It was made in polychromed wood, for marching on shoulders. It was carved by Francisco Sánchez Carcelén from Artesanías Carsa from yecla in 1994, with a similar design to the former made in Casa Orrico from Valencia (1969), for marching on wheels.

Standard  Descendimiento Cruz Jumilla

GALLERY

Invalid Displayed Gallery