Brotherhood Santísimo Cristo de la Caída
HISTORICAL REVIEW
Founded in the second part of the 19th century. In 1928, under the presidency of Mr. Pedro Antonio Gil Jiménez, it walks with an image by the Murcian sculptor Carmen Sánchez Araciel, which would be destroyed in the Spanish Civil War. Reorganised in 1981 under the presidency of Mr. Juan Ochando Otazo.
CANONICAL HEADQUARTERS
Canonically erected in the Santiago’s Main Church.
ICONOGRAPHY
It represents the moment of the first fall by Jesús in the Calvary’s way.
AUTHOR
It is an anonymous work from the 18th century.
THRONE
The new throne is made by Juan Ochando Abarca. Carved in wood with twelve chapels, which house the twelve apostles and lacquered by Mr. Juan García Pérez. The Christ carries on the base a pair of angels.

Tunic
Magenta wool tunic with a sash in black velvet outlined with golden fringe, the cape in black velvet, the hood in black velvet wears embroidered the Confraternity’s shield and fringe of golden small tube.

Standard
Designied by Antonio Bleda Carrión, was made in the workshops of Ciriaco Ruiz from Valencia. On black velvet embroidered with golden thread, the central motive is the image of Jesús de la Caída embroidered in nuanced silk and framed with a crown of thorns. Delimited with fringe and tassels of small tube.

